All full-time and part-time (.5 FTE or greater) employees are eligible for reimbursement of college tuition and workshop/conference/registration expenses related to their jobs. Eligible employees may request a maximum amount of $500 per fiscal year as resources permit according to the following:
- Employees may request reimbursement for registration for ONE workshop/conference per year, not to exceed $200. The employee's supervisor must approve the activity.
- Employees may request reimbursement for college tuition up to $500 per course.
- Directors must approve the workshop or conference as an identified district-wide need for participants to attend.
- Workshops/conferences/seminars must be tied directly to the individual's job responsibilities, and the form must include the principal's or supervisor's signature.
Tuition/Conference Reimbursement Instructions
- Submit the College Tuition Reimbursement Application. Use a separate sheet for each request. Contact your school's staff development planner for the necessary forms.
- Pay for the course.
- Earn a grade of a C or better.
- All applications for reimbursement for courses attended between January and June 15th must be received in Staff Development by March 1st.
- Send evidence of payment (ex: receipt from college, cancelled check, credit card statement – black out account number) to Staff Development, AND
- Send a copy of grade report to Staff Development (this does NOT need to be an official transcript).
- These MUST be sent to Staff Development within 60 days of course completion. For Winter/Spring courses, paperwork must be received by June 15th.
Sample Form- Reimbursement for a College Course
- Submit the Conference/Seminar/Workshop Registration Reimbursement Application.
- If you are requesting time off, submit a Request for Permission to Attend a School-related Activity. The form must be submitted to your SPECIALIST at least two weeks before requested leave.
- Attach documentation about conference/seminar/workshop.
- Pay for the conference/seminar/workshop.
- All applications for reimbursement for conferences/seminars/workshops attended between January and June 15 must be received in Staff Development by March 1ST.
- Send evidence of payment (see above) to Staff Development AND
- Send evidence of participation to Staff Development (e.g., certificate of attendance, name tag, agenda, copy of front page of event brochure).
- If you have requested additional funds, submit a Conference Expense Voucher WITH itemized receipts to the person who is paying additional expenses (e.g., specialist, Staff Development).
- Paperwork must be sent to Staff Development within 60 days of completion. For Winter/Spring activities, paperwork must be received by June 15th.
Sample Form- Reimbursement for a Conference
Sample Form- Request for School Related Leave
SAmple Form- Conference Expense Voucher
Additional Information Available:
See your Staff Development Planner.
Email Reimbursement Questions to firstname.lastname@example.org