PROFESSIONAL GROWTH SERIES PLANNING FORM
Click here to download Planning Form
Directions for Employees:
- Where appropriate, review job performance data associated with your specific division/department responsibilities to determine strengths and areas for growth. For example, the Director of Transportation may consider the average number of on-time bus routes each day. A specialist in the Department of Human Resources may consider the number of teaching positions filled with provisional teachers. The Director of General Services may consider the number of order process for warehouse supplies versus external vendors. A specialist for the Department of Exceptional Education may consider the number of students receiving special education services as compared to the state average. Be prepared to discuss this at your planning conference.
- Review the Professional Qualities and Responsibilities (PQR) by completing the self- assessment and considering any indicators that may be associated with the area of growth identified in your data.
- Select a PQR area(s) of focus based on your review of data and the PQR self-assessment. This will be your focus for the professional growth series.
- List the PQR section you wish to be the focus on the Professional Growth Series Planning Form. Write a short description of why you chose it and what you hope to accomplish through this focused work and feedback.
- Complete a draft of the action plan on the Planning Form for discussion with your supervisor. If the selected PQR is one that should be observed by a supervisor, be sure to record this as part of the Action Plan. In these cases, observation reports may be attached to the Action Plan Report. For example, if a principal selects PQR 11J, “Provides opportunities for teacher reflection as outlined in the PGEP Process,” his/her director should observe the principal engaged in post-observation conferences in order to collect data around how often the principal is providing opportunities for teachers to reflect on their practice.
- Bring the completed Professional Growth Series Planning Form to your planning conference. You should be prepared to conference with your supervisor about your focus (by specific data).
Directions for Supervisors
- Verify that the PQR self-assessment has been reviewed, signed and submitted to you.
- Discuss with the employee any data associated with their responsibilities.
- Based on this discussion, review the professional growth series planning form to determine if additional areas of focus are necessary.
- Determine if there are additional areas you would like to see as a focus. Be sure to keep this to a reasonable number.
- Add any additional areas for focus to the supervisor section. Work with the employee to update the action plan.
- Be certain to have the employee sign and date the form.